January 6, 2009

"Walking" in a Winter Wonderland

This was Madison's first year to see snow that she would remember and it was quite an experience for her. She had a good time, but the whole concept of boots, snow pants, heavy coats, hats and gloves, was so foreign to her that she didn't quite know what to do.
After we got her all bundled up for the first time, the first words out of her mouth were, "Help, I can't walk." And when her hat fell down over her eyes, instead of pushing it up she would simply say, "I can't see." But once we got out and Grandma started pulling her in the sled, or when she and I went sledding down the hill made from plowing out the driveway (several time), or when she and Cyrus "unburied" the swing set, she had a great time!!
"This sure is a lot of snow . . ."
"So what do we do now???"
"I guess we just eat it!!!"
"There's nothing like the taste of fresh fallen snow!!"

1 comment:

Shalae said...

Wow! Look at all that snow! I can't say that I really miss it. It's so much fun for the kids to go play in though. How much snow was there when you were visiting? Your little Madison is so cute!